Friday 15 May 2009

Contemplation Corner

We all need our own personal space. And yet it is only recently that I have gotten around to creating my own little Contemplation Corner on our balacony.

It's not much - a discarded coffee table (a DIY conversion we were once very proud of), my new collection of herbs (good feng shui, apparently), a marigold to fend off the mozzies, and the rocking chair in which I spent many a sleepless night 12 years ago trying to convince our newborn No.1 & Only Son that night-time really is the best time to sleep.

No, it's not much. But I have high hopes for it.
In my mind, it will be my oasis from the rigours of family life, the constant drone of the telly, the demands of work, and my Internet addiction.

My plans include me coming in after my hour's walk every day, throwing off my shoes, grabbing a book, fixing a cup of green tea, and settling into my own little nook for some serious relaxation.

Nice idea, eh?
Certainly sounds appealing, but somehow I still haven't managed to put it into practice yet.


But, eternal optimist that I am, I'm sure that I will get down to some serious contemplation this weekend. In a nutshell, my weekend plans are..... as little as possible. Sounds good, eh?

And whatever you're going to be up to this weekend, I hope it's a good one.
Ohhhmmm....




1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just stopped by to say I'm a transplanted Brit too - originally in LA, then back to the UK and now in Andalucia!
    Enjoy yr posts - will be back again soon to peruse further!
    Best wishes
    Nora

    ReplyDelete