Tuesday 23 November 2010

The Gallery: Meditation in Monochrome

Things get a little pensive and moody with the theme for this week's Gallery:
Black & White.



Removing colour from the formula draws attention to texture and contrasts in the way that might not be obvious to the eye when distracted by splashes of red, blue or green.


But I'm a sucker for colour, so I couldn't resist letting a little smidge of the stuff creep back for just one shot.



And speaking of other things I can never resist...


For more black & white images check out this week's Gallery at http://stickyfingers1.blogspot.com/2010/11/gallery-black-white.html

7 comments:

  1. You're right. Taking the colour away does focus you on the textures. Very clever. I learned something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for black and white photos! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning...love the pomegranate! Wow! And the monkey is quite striking as well! ;)

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brillinat pictures. I particularly love the pomegranate: who knew it looked just a sparkly without it's ruby red?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only for domestic Goddesque said it I would never have known that was a pomegranate, I have never seen one up close so wouldn't recognise it, colour or not! Must go to google images and look at some more pics of them:) Lovely photos. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. I like the mood created by b&w photography.

    ReplyDelete